Ekmen Kaucuk Sanayi ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi was established in 1974 in Istanbul, Sanayi Mahallesi, with a single production line, by Nedim EKMEN to manufacture solid rubber for underground and antigron cables. Between 1977-1983, the company changed its title due to the restriction of the use of rubber by TSE and the promotion of the use of plastics as an alternative and in 1983 it was renamed as “Ekmen Plastik Sanayi ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi”. In this period, PVC granule production started.
In 1983, it continued its production life at Sütlüce address and improved its production range and provided soft PVC granules for sectors such as gasket, shoe sole and hose manufacturing for window and aluminum profiles. In 1989, it moved to Güzelyalı address and continued its production and increased the number of production lines to two. Depending on the needs of the sector, it has offered special products to its customers, and has increased its monthly production capacity to 500 tons by establishing its quality and stability. Due to the insufficient production area, it moved to its factory with a closed area of 1000 m2 and open area of 2500 m2 in Istanbul Deri Organize Sanayi Bölgesi and put its third production line into service. Not only did it manufacture industrial PVC granules in 2010, it also started supplying PVC granules to the medical industry. Currently, it continues its production line with a monthly capacity of 1200 tons with 3 production lines.
- 1974 – Ekmen Rubber Industry and Trade Limited Company – Sanayi Mahallesi – Rubber Manufacturing
- 1983 – Ekmen Plastik Sanayi ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi – Sütlüce – PVC Granule Manufacturing
- 1989 – Commissioning of the second production line
- 1990 – Capacity increase and transition to Güzelyalı factory
- 2000 – Commissioning of the third production line
- 2008 – Capacity increase and transition to Istanbul Leather Organized Industrial Zone factory